Friday, January 19, 2018

Messin'

I spent my time messin' around in my sewing room.

What happened - I saw a notice on Missouri Star Quilts that the pattern "4 X 4" had a mistake and that you could get a copy of the pattern.  So of course I downloaded it.

I like to make kits with fabrics I have in my stash and I have a Jelly roll of 1930's Reproduction Fabrics in my stash.  It was one of the first Jelly rolls I bought.  I pulled that out and now I am looking for a white or white on white that is big enough to use.  I found one piece, but there wasn't  enough.  I do have some fat quarters that I think I could mix in and that should take care of it.


There is an outside border that needs a little over 1 yard and I don't have that.  I have a Google app called "Keep" that I keep a Shop Hop list on.  I'll add that to the list and when I'm out and about, I'll try pick it up so I can complete my "kit".

I'm thinking this pattern would also look good done scrappy.  I have a ton of 2.5 inch strips already cut up.  Just need to count them out and find what I need for the other yardages in my stash.

Do you make up kits with your stash?  Let me know.

2 comments:

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Thank you for the link to the pattern, I'm in the process of finding patterns for 2 1/2 strips seeing how I have so many in my stash too. Yours will be very sweet.

Deb said...

I found myself lusting after this pattern also!