Sunday, October 29, 2017

Frugal



I felt like the frugal quilter a couple of weeks ago.  I had a shopping bag of batting scraps in my sewing room. 

I started sewing these bit and pieces together to make 10.5 inch squares to use in a new rag quilt I want to make.  I have a bunch of flannel that goes together and I want a new king-size quilt for our bed.  


I used a zigzag stitch with the pieces butted together.  I caught the two pieces of batting with the stitch.  You can also overlap the pieces slightly and stitch them together.  I had enough scraps in the shopping bag to make all the batting squares I needed, 144!  I'm pretty excited I didn't just throw those pieces away.  Some of the pieces were big enough I didn't need to sew them, just cut the size I needed, but most were pieced.  

2 comments:

Deb said...

Mom and Grandma Carlson would be so proud of you. I bet they were up in heaven, high giving you as you patched them together. 😊

Deb said...

High fiving you! Ugh.Darn auto correct.😕