Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ouch!

I was doing a bit of early morning sewing today.  I woke up about 4:30 and since I usually get up about 5:00, I decided to stay up.  Got the coffee made and went about sewing.  All was going well for about 45 minutes until I accidentally ran over a pin.  What a mess!


I bent the pin like I have never seen before and broke the tip of it off.  I looked for some time to find the tip as I didn't want it caught in my machine doing more damage.  I do remove pins as I sew.  My mind just wasn't on the task at hand and I wasn't fast enough.

Now to the ouch part, while trying to snip off a thread to loosen my fabric, I snip a slit into my finger.  Ouch!  Time for a break and no more sewing for this morning.  Going to get cleaned up and ready for work.

P.S.  No fabric was damaged during this fiasco.

3 comments:

Jean said...

That's what you get for sewing at 4:30 in the AM I guess. :) Glad the fabric is ok.

Jeanne said...

That's why I don't sew early in the morning! :-) Hope you heal quickly and glad that the fabric is fine.

Stitches said...

Ouch to you and your machine!!