Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cutting, Cutting, Cutting

I'm on a roll, cutting, cutting, cutting.  I am taking a class on Tuesday that is offered through the quilt guild I belong to, Piecemaker's Quilt Guild Of Southwestern Iowa.  Tony Jacobson, (Tony is the Art Director at Fons & Porter's.) is coming to lecture and is doing a workshop prior to the meeting.  The quilt calls for a jelly roll, but I decided to use some of my 2.5" strips to make the necessary blocks.  I have those all cut out.  I need to get the background squares cut and I'll be ready for the workshop on Tuesday.


 Here they are in all their scrappy goodness!  Each block will be a different fabric.  (Eighty different fabrics.)  And no, it didn't make a dent in the bins of strips.


All packed and ready to go!  Don't you just love using the plastic containers from lettuce to store your projects?  They come in so handy.  And they are recyclable!  So when you're done, just toss in the recycle bin.

1 comment:

Jean said...

That's a great idea! It's a good feeling to be organized and ready to go! Nice that you could do the cutting ahead of time. You will get more finished in class that way.