Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Finally

Finally, I started quilting Nicki's quilt.  It took me a long time to decide what to do.  Then yesterday I had the idea to check and see what other people have done.  So I Googled "quilting on a BQ quilt".  Love all the images of these quilts.  You'll have to check it out.  But lots of them haven't been quilted yet.  Or they did what I did the first time and stitched in the ditch.  But I wanted to do something different with this one.  I did find one that inspired me.

First I stitched in the ditch a big grid to keep the quilt stable while doing the other quilting.  So using painter's tape that is one inch wide, I started taping my quilt.  The space between each strip is the width of a yardstick.


In the big blocks I'm going to do a square spiral.  I'll show that to you when I tape that part.

3 comments:

Jean said...

You are so ambitious! I bet that will look nice and what a great way to stay straight!

CeLynn said...

This is looking great,I am interested to see the square spiral! I was thinking of doing something like that on a top I have in progress...

Quilts from the Bluffs said...

That will look nice!