Monday, August 25, 2014

Another Finish

I have another UFO finish!  UFO # 9, my table topper, called "Summer Breeze".  It was a kit and I've had the top done for a while.


I did some curvy lines on this topper.  I love the look of them, it reminds me of a waterfall.  I'm ready to quilt the little quilt I made from the pattern "Moondance."  I'm thinking I'm going to use the same technique.

I did quilt 2 other quilts this weekend too.  First one is a "Charm For Charity" quilt that we do at the local quilt shop, Cut Up & Quilt.    This is part of the Quilts From The Bluffs outreach to the community.  We take 99 five inch charms and create a quilt.  We meet once a month in the evening and in the afternoon.  We cut squares, make kits, sew or finish quilts.  They go together very fast and make a nice quilt.  I just did a cross hatch corner to corner.


The last quilt I "quilted" I didn't really quilt, I tied it.  I'm not a big fan of tying quilts, but this one called for it.  I used the 6.5 inch ruler as my guide and at each corner, tied the quilt.    


A bonus, I had a decent size box labeled "Crochet Thread" in my closet.  Since I don't really like to tie quilts, I'm keeping one ball of white and one of beige.  The rest are going to Goodwill. (I've never really tried to crochet with that small of thread and since I really love quilting, I probably never will.  So it needs to go.)

1 comment:

Jean said...

You have been a busy bee! I want to get the new quilt quilted, but had to do some prep work this AM and mow (ugh) so haven't made it up there yet. I will be sewing at Hancock tomorrow, so I need to have something to work on there too. More bags?