Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Totally Finished

The Lewis and Clark commemorative quilt is totally finished!


I used a rusty brown star fabric from my stash to make the binding.  I liked the stars since Lewis and Clark would have slept under the stars and the rusty brown went well with the colors in the border and in the quilt. I love a finish!

I taught the blocks when I worked at Hancock Fabrics.  I did my own quilt in colors different from the kits the company put out.  I really like how this turned out.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it.  But I know something will come up and I will know.

4 comments:

CeLynn said...

Awesome quilting for an awesome quilt Karen! Love how this one turned out,congrats on another finish :)

Vicki said...

HI Karen, I am hoping you can help me out. I was gifted some of the Lewis and Clark blocks and had planned to make up the quilt for a family member. We are related to Merriwether Lewis, and my cousin had done a lot of genealogical research for our family and know she would appreciate the quilt.

I am trying to get the names of the different blocks and the final layout (although I can follow your picture) I would also like to get a hold of the templates for the figures...the only one I have is the goat. I would be most appreciative of any information you might be able to provide, but realize that the original blocks were available quite a few years ago and that you might not have them any more. Even if all you can tell me is the names of the blocks that would be helpful. Thank you so much! Vicki Donoso

Karen said...

Hi Vicki, Your email is listed as a nonreply blogger so I couldn't get back to you via email. I will need to look and see if I still have the pattern, I may have gotten rid of it as I knew I wouldn't be making this one again. Maybe someone who reads this has the patterns or information you need.

Vicki Donoso said...

HI Karen,
Thanks for the reply. Fortunately I found someone in my guild who had taught this block when she worked for Hancock fabrics and she was able to supply me with the information and patterns that I needed to complete my project. I had been unable to reach her earlier.
Again thanks for letting me know. I appreciate your time.

Vicki