Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Little Catching Up To Do.

We have a little catching up to do!  Tuesday Evening was the Piecemakers Quilt Guild of Western Iowa.   Our speaker was Becky A Wright of Mt Pleasant, IA.  She did an amazing presentation on the Civil War and had some beautiful old quilts.  You should go to her blog and check it out.  And while you're there, become a follower, she loves new friends!

Becky starting her presentation.

With her quilts.

The quilt that started it all!

Her dress took 16 yards of brown fabric to make.  

We also had a workshop the next day to make her pattern "Hardtack and Coffee."  Lots of fun that day too! (Yes, I started yet another quilt!)

Chris is so organized!  

Sandy's pincushion made from a salt cellar.

The gang.

More of the gang.

Even more of the gang.

Gail, Becky, and Becky's friend.

We all had a wonderful time!  If you get a chance to hear Becky, you should go!


2 comments:

Jean said...

Looks like a great time! I bet it was an interesting class.

The Civil War Quilter said...

Karen, thanks for the lovely comments! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all you Missouri Valley ladies. You were gracious hosts and made me feel at home. If I lived nearby, I'd join your guild in a heartbeat. Thanks for having me.