Sunday, January 20, 2013

Days Of Fun

The past few days have been really fun!  Thursday I found some fabric to use for the backing of Sophie's Twister quilt.  I have an appointment to go quilt this quilt on Tuesday so I will getting the backing sewn together and the zippers pinned on.

Saturday I met with Rachel and Deb to work on a sample Quilts of Valor quilt. A local 4-H group is going to be sewing these with help for the Quilts From The Bluffs group.  What an exciting project for them.  Some have never sewn and don't own machines.  Hoping our love of quilting is transferred to this group.

Deb - busy sewing blocks together.
Rachel did most of the pressing.
Our pile of blocks.
Me - Two rows are sewn together.
All the blocks are done.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Wow! I'd make quilts all the time if I had some helpers to do all the stuff I don't like to do :) It's a very nice quilt!