Thursday, June 7, 2012

This And That

I did a little of this and a little of that yesterday.  Did a little sewing on Orca Bay, sewed some of the 4 patches together, and made a table topper hot pad.

I've been sewing 2 inch squares together as leader and enders.  Yesterday became the day to put a couple of blocks together just to see what they will look like.  I'm liking it!

Here is the table topper hot pad.  After dinner I sat on the deck and hand stitched on the binding.  It was a beautiful evening.  This little kit came from Log Cabin Quilting in Exira, Iowa  It's a hostess gift for a friend.  When I showed it the my husband, he thought it was a little bright. I had picked up two kits that day and the other one is blueberries and it is a little more subdued.  Since I have the other kit, I decided maybe he was right about how bright it was and will make the other kit up today. (I'll keep the carrots!)

6 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Happy that you have your sewing machine back....how do we survive without them...I guess we work in the garden or plan the next project like you have playing with your scraps. Love your pot holders...what a nice gift, Karen!

The Sunflower Patch said...

The blocks turned out very nice and colorful too! Eh,whats up doc? Love the carrots ;)

Sarah said...

I finally got what you meant by leaders and enders and I HAVE to start doing that! I have tons of HST parts that I can put together!

Diana and LaDonna said...

I don't know, I kind of like the carrots! Of course, I love orange!

LaDonna

Terri in BC said...

Great minds must think alike - I have started sewing my 4-patches together as well! Although I recently saw that Bonnie Hunter is using hers for a new (secret) quilt design, so I'm tempted to hold off now. Love the table toppers, I think I'm going to try those.

Jean said...

I think your hubby just wanted to keep it! Good ploy! I love it!The multicolored blocks will make a gorgeous quilt.