Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's Back!

My machine is back!  All ready for me to spend the summer sewing.  I'm so happy and excited.  I do have a few things to show you.  I didn't totally waste my time while the machine was in the shop.  (Even though I did spend a fair amount of time on Pinterest.)  First up, my hexies.

I finished cutting out the yellow centers I needed for where I am at with this project.  I currently have 52 hexies cut and ready to be put together.  Not exactly sure how many I'll need as these are big hexagons, but I am trying to make it for a king size bed.  So... if I make one flower a week, I'll have them done in a year.  Do I want to make that kind of commitment?  Should I make that kind of commitment?  I know I can handle it during the summer, but once I'm back to work, it will be hard to keep up.  I'll think about that one some more.

I made a few more string blocks.  Love making these as they are so no mind for me.  Great for when I want to take it easy but not think about whether I have my points or seams matched.

These are the little four patch blocks I've been sewing up as leaders and enders as I work on the Orca Bay quilt.  Speaking of which, I think I have about 4 more rows to go and then its border time!  Hope you're enjoying your sewing/quilting time!

3 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

You have been a very busy in the sewing room lately. The hexies are pretty as are the string blocks. I made a couple last evening myself :) That is quite a pile of 4 patch blocks!

Sounds like you are getting real close to having the top finished!!

Diana and LaDonna said...

Love your hexie stacks and blocks! I think I'm done with hexagons for while after finishing a quilt made out of them!

LaDonna

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Olá,sou brasileira e passando vi hexá gonos e resolvi entrar.Sou viciada em,faço todos os dias e acho que você dará conta de fazer sua meta sim.Eu faço todos os dias um pouco,as vezes corto,outros alinhavo e outros vou montando devagar.Me tornei seguidora e quero acompanhar o processo e o sucesso.Boa sorte.Beijos.