Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Day Late

I know, I'm a day late for Add It Up Wednesday.  But I'm still going to bore you with my results.  :-)



Step 1  228 quarter square triangles - DONE
Step 2   72 blue string blocks - DONE
Step 3  350 half square triangles - DONE
Step 4    64 red string blocks -DONE
Step 5  700 black triangles -DONE
Step 6  112  2.5 inch black squares -DONE
            112  2.5 inch light squares - DONE
              52 2.5 inch red squares - DONE
              26 light Ohio Star blocks - DONE
              26 dark Ohio Star blocks - DONE
Step 7  sew the 700 black triangles to the 350 half square triangles (2 on each side) -DONE
Step 8  127 red string triangles combined with the 254 half square winged triangles - 6
            100 half square winged triangles set with 100 light triangles -50
Step 9  The big finish:  put all of the blocks together in rows and sew rows together. -zero
Step 10  Make borders using 100 blocks made in Step 8. - zero

I've been trying to do some of the blocks as leaders and enders to help with completing the quilt.  It has given me some hope.

I'm off work this week for Spring Break and I had high hopes for completing this quilt.  But, I needed to work on it and it only.  And I was fickle and did not.  I traced hexies.  I trimmed and sewed string blocks together for quilt day.  (Couldn't finish that project as I was short 2 blocks.  I thought I had all the blocks sewn when I brought them home.  Oh well, what's another UFO.)  I cleaned in my sewing room.  I defrosted my upright freezer so that it's ready for this years harvest.  (Strawberries are already blooming, won't be long before I'm picking them!)  Started curtains for the home office.

As you can see I have all kinds of excuses reasons why I haven't completed this quilt.

1 comment:

Jean said...

The list looks long and DONE! YOu are getting there...but I want to know why the curtains aren't finished.... :)