Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cutting

I started cutting out a quilt yesterday.  It is this quilt from Little Miss Shabby.  I saw her finished quilt and I fell in love with it.  I printed out the pattern and rooted through the stash and found fabric to make it.  I think I did this last May or June.  Anyway, I'm cutting it out. That one extra project I "need" to take to the Quilt Retreat.

I also decided to use this pattern for a quilt for my granddaughter.  Her name is Sophie and there is a line of fabric called "Sophie" by Chez Moi.  I have been trying really hard to make things from my stash this year, but this fabric was calling my name!  Yesterday I ordered a layer cake of "Sophie" from The Fat Quarter Shop .

Since I did one quilt from my stash, don't you think it's fair that I could order some fabric?  Especially since it has the same name as my granddaughter?  I know, it doesn't take much to rationalize a fabric purchase, does it?

3 comments:

Stitches said...

I like your reasoning!!! Go for it!!

phigginb said...

Anything for granddaughters . You go gIrl!

Miranda said...

Any reason is a good reason, if you ask me :)