Friday, August 5, 2011

I Must Be Crazy

I worked on the binding of the cat table runner today, it's almost done.  I should have it finished by the end of the evening.

I must be crazy, as I want to make some hexagons just like my sister Deb and her One Flower Wednesday.  Just like Jean and her fun hexagons.  Just like Bonnie Hunter and her hexagons.

I have a hexagon template called "Piecing Pal Templates" by Quilting Creations International, Inc. and the largest template is 2 inches.  They are a nice heavy acrylic with a slot for you to trace the paper piece and you can use your rotary cutter on the outside line to cut out your fabric.



So I decided I want to make a king-size Grandmother's Flower Garden" using the 2 inch template.  I know, I must be crazy.  I'm not even going to try to figure out how many hexagons I'll need, as that would stop me from even thinking this is possible.

I had some old recipe cards and I started making the center "paper" pieces from those.  I also am making 1 1/4 " and 1 inch templates with the left over card.  It looks like such a nice carry project to do in the car or while waiting someplace.

So what do ya think?  Am I crazy? 

4 comments:

Deb said...

Yes, but the good kind!!

Deb
PS: If you want to keep going and run out of old index cards, you can also go to
http://www.paperpieces.com/contents/en-us/d16_05.html and buy them pre-cut. I love them!!

The Sunflower Patch said...

Crazy,like a Quilter :)

Miranda said...

I don't know what a "Grandmother's Flower Garden" is but anything king size is a little crazy. But that doesn't make it a bad idea. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)I see that I'm on your blog list over there :) Thanks for that too!!

Jean said...

Yes, you are. They are fun, though I haven't worked on mine for awhile. Get the plastic templates, much easier to use and reuse. You don't have to cut out individual paper or fabric hexies either, just squares of fabric.