Monday, June 6, 2011

Random Things (again)

 This table runner has been sitting in my sewing room since last Fall waiting to be fixed.  Today was the day.  I have the lace sewn on and then I picked up some other things to be put away.


 While putting some fabric back in a bin, I noticed this little bin of 2.5 inch squares of flannel.  I cut these pieces out before I owned a rotary cutter.  I used a template and drew on the back of the flannel with pencil and then cut them all out with scissors.
I decided to make four patch blocks with them.  I'm thinking I'm going to use a yellow flannel to set them.  A number of the flannels are the pieces that were leftover from nightgowns I made for myself in the mid to late 70's.  Hate to admit that I have had these fabrics for that long, but I've been playing with fabric for a long time!  I hope to have a quilt for Project Linus and/or maybe a doll blanket for my granddaughter.

3 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

I remember when my mom used to make my sis and I flannel nightgowns :) Like your 4 patch blocks! Love your table runner too!

Jean said...

Great idea to use up those squares. Can't believe you cut them all out by hand!

Deb said...

Wow...talk about labor intensive...all by hand, not rotary cutter. Feels like the dark ages, doesn't it?