This table runner has been sitting in my sewing room since last Fall waiting to be fixed. Today was the day. I have the lace sewn on and then I picked up some other things to be put away.
While putting some fabric back in a bin, I noticed this little bin of 2.5 inch squares of flannel. I cut these pieces out before I owned a rotary cutter. I used a template and drew on the back of the flannel with pencil and then cut them all out with scissors.
I decided to make four patch blocks with them. I'm thinking I'm going to use a yellow flannel to set them. A number of the flannels are the pieces that were leftover from nightgowns I made for myself in the mid to late 70's. Hate to admit that I have had these fabrics for that long, but I've been playing with fabric for a long time! I hope to have a quilt for Project Linus and/or maybe a doll blanket for my granddaughter.