Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

I'm looking forward to this year.  I feel like I have a jump start to sewing/quilting thanks to Shelly at http://prairiemoonquilts.wordpress.com/  I completed the 3 tasks she set out for us.  And received the "boot in the patoot" that I needed. 

I still haven't come up with my goals for this year, other than bonding with my longarm quilting machine.  I really am leaning towards working on my small kits just because they would be fast and I can get them out of the stash.  I'm thinking on a small kit a month and then work on a larger quilt or whatever once that is done. Have the larger project as the background work so to speak with the smaller project being the focus.  Face it, I just have too many projects that are calling my name.    So focus project for January will be a table topper kit and the background project will be the UFO that I found for Shelly's challenge, Dutch Inspirations.

All of the above is contingent on the completion of the king-size quilt.  Speaking of which, I have only two more strips to complete.

No comments: