Monday, August 2, 2010

Quilt Shops

My husband and I were on a golfing weekend that we have done for the past few years. Starts on Friday and ends on Sunday. I didn't get any sewing done or blogging because of the trip. But, I did get to some quilt shops on Friday. The first shop that my friend Patti found for us was called "Creekside Quilting" in Clive, IA. Wonderful shop! Patti found some really cool African animal wallhanging patterns that were designed by one of the women that worked at the shop. Link here: http://www.creekside-quilting.com/



Next shop was in Ankeny, IA called "Quilter's Cupboard". Another wonderful shop. Lots of fun fabric. Link here; http://www.quilterscupboardiowa.com/. I picked up Bonnie K. Hunter's book, "Adventures With Leaders and Enders" and am now trying to use her method. I had a number of 2 inch squares cut out and in a bin. Just today I have sewn together a few of the squares and before you know it, I'll have a quilt sewn together while working on a main project, such as my quilt-along. At least that's how it's suppose to work! I'm even thinking it would be an easy way of getting my half square triangles done.



I got another side of my quilt-along done and hope to have Week 8 done tomorrow and pictures of it to show you. Directions for Week 9 are out and I hate that I got a little behind, but will get caught up soon.

No comments: