Friday, July 9, 2010

The Next Step

This was my February UFO/WIP. It was a round robin quilt started in the mid 90's. I had it layered and pinned, ready to quilt and we moved in 1997. It has sat in a box waiting for this moment. (I know, it isn't good to leave quilts pinned for so long, but it did wash up with no residue from the pins.) I think it was going to be a wallhanging, but now it is going to be a doll quilt. It is lavender, mauve and purple, with a floral print. The picture didn't turn out as well as I would like it, but I'm learning about taking pictures too.


I decided I need to set a goal for my blog, so for now, it will be to work on something in my sewing room for at least 15 minutes a day and write about it. Sometimes, such as when we are out of town, I will let myself off the hook. But, most days, there isn't any good reason why I can't spend some time in there. Plus that's where I want to be, but other things such as cleaning, cooking, etc seem to take over and don't leave much time or engery. That's why I thought 15 minutes would work.

No comments: